Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday.. it's supposed to be the day you love, right?

Well guess what Friday?! You REALLY sucked today!

My day started off by one of my compadres calling me over the radio to tell me that one of my kids was balling hysterically outside of the building. She didn't want to talk to anyone and didn't even want to follow me into my office, but I somehow convinced her and there we were. I got her to wash her face so that she could feel better and let her just sit there until she felt comfortable enough to talk to me. I waited and waited and nothing - she just sat there and cried. Something is definitely wrong at home and as much as my gut is telling me that, I can't do anything until I have proof. DAMN! I sent her back to class about an hour and a half later when she was calm and back to "normal" .. whatever that is!

Kid #2: The one I call "my child". The one that has seen me shed a tear. The one that I have hope in. Well today he came in drinking something I have NEVER seen before: Fruit Punch with gummy/sour worms at the bottom of the bottle. WTF?? Well guess what? 3 hours later he was in the office because his stomach hurt and he had thrown up. Yeah, you shouldn't have that drink AS YOUR BREAKFAST!

The parent that wanted to make sure that "The woman who called me NEVER calls me again!" : So we almost had a fight break out and my principal asked me to call this kids mom. I had to explain to her that he was being suspended for the rest of the day because of the fight and that we needed to send him home. I called and she didn't even say hello.. she answered the phone: "OH MA GA.. What now?!" I proceeded by telling her the situation and she cut me off by telling me that I better not send her child home because she chose this school for a reason..she wasn't the type of mama to let her child walk the streets, etc etc. and hung up on me. So, I graciously called back and said "ma'am it looks like we got disconnected. I wanted to call and ask when you would be able to pick him up since he cant walk home.." and she cut me off again "I Aint on county..." and hung up again. Ok.. perfect! My principal calls her back to try and calm her down, but of course, this was all my fault! Right! She told her that I had an attitude problem and that she never wanted to me to call her again! "I know you have other people working in your office..i NEVER want her to call me" <--this really hurts me.

The crisis: So while Im  dealing with the mama that wants to hurt me, one of my favorite people (The guy who was scared of the hampster) comes and tells me that a boy ran out of the class, to the bathroom and said he wanted to cut himself. Great! Just what I needed! I talk to the boy and come to find out..this isn't the first time. I assessed the situation, collaborated and turns out a little intervention would be ok.. THANK GOD we didn't have to call in help! So, all I have to do is call his parent ..shouldn't be hard, right? WRONG! Not at our school! EVERY SINGLE ONE of the phone numbers in his file..disconnected! Ok, great! I am now the CIA and need to find this boys family! While Im doing that.. my favorite guy.. comes in and tells me that the boy ran out and said that because he touched the "front bottom" of a girl in his class. What?! Where do I work?! It was so hard for my compadre to tell me this - he was so uncomfortable, but I appreciate him SO MUCH! .. I laughed at him a little and the rest of my compadres did too..ok..back to the seriousness of this part of my day - I FINALLY get a hold of grandma who tells me they too have been trying to get a hold of mom and no luck. I tell her what is going on and someone picks up the boy. Meanwhile, my principal has to call the girls grandma and tell her that her baby was touched in the tenders aka front bottoms.

The 2 cheaters: They got caught cheating on an exam and denied it. My compadre Sourpatch and I didn't play.. didn't really hear their story and suspended them. Don't cheat and if you do...don't be so obvious. Oy vey!

What saved the day: french fries and a chicken burger :) oh yes... the little piece of snickers and hot cheetos.

Friday, never do this to me again. I've loved you forever, but today.. you really scared me.

No comments:

Post a Comment