First, an update on the "parent of the year" who is very upset that we cared enough to call her and tell her there was something physically wrong with her child. She argues that it is harassment if we call her to inform her when her student is sick. Yes, a school notifying a parent that their child has a physical ailment is harassment. Wow, parent of the year, indeed.
On to the hot topic of "why is it that we take it"? "Dunkan", a student that uses 3 curse words per sentence, was kicked out of class and sent to the office. "Dunkan" is extremely rude, annoying and inappropriate, but we thought that we were having a breakthrough with him...we kinda started to like the kid and I even dared to believe we might make a difference in him...let those hopes fly out in flames like fireworks on the fourth of July. "Dunkan" repeatedly scramed out horrible vulgar language across the office to "Abner". He was asked to Stop and settle down so many times! That we finally called mom (who doesn't want him home because he's equally horrible to her....he's just like her, btw), he was so upset that we called mom that he went CRAZY. He throws tantrums all the time, but today he finally crossed that line...we called our security dude and "Dunkan" called him a word that I won't dignify by typing, but it starts with an "N" he also called him a stupid ass and that we are all a bunch a mothfucken stupid asses and doesn't know why we work there...he screamed all this to his mom on the phone in Spanish. We called campus security to have him escorted out and as he was leaving he called our compadre a "Fucken stupid bitch"...this ungrateful little shit darred to bite the hand that fed him. Our compadre took him under her wing to the point of putting up with a lot of his shit just to not give up on him....one of our good kids who witnessed the whole ordeal said "I don't know how you guys can take being treated like that...I would have hurt someone if they talked to me like that"....I think my only answer as of right know is "because we're professionals." I really don't know HOW we take someone treating us that way...we just do, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment