Thursday, November 17, 2011

What is "normal"?

No matter what school I work for.. the bad ass kids always tend to gravitate towards me. Call me crazy, but I actually like it! We always build a relationship and I almost always feel like I make SOME sort of change - maybe im nuts though, who knows. This morning one of the kids who we ALL struggle with cussed out a teacher and had an altercation with one of our aides. My Asst. Principal and I talked to him and found out A LOT more information than the 2 of us thought was possible. Its sad to know that our kids grow up too damn fast. By the end of our hour long session.. it was soooo hard for me to keep in my tears. I know that me and him connected even more and I know he WANTS to change...and I will be there every step of the way.. even when I want to choke his ass. 

He told me he's not used to hugs... so of course the kid got hugged!

He was sad so Diva challenged him to eat some chiles... 3 to be exact.. for $10. He did it and that made him laugh and smile. 

Im ok with putting 100% of myself into the lives of these kids for these specific reasons. This is the hardest job but it is soooo worth it. 


Oh yes!  To make this day even more "normal" we had to evacuate the building because of a gas leak... where do we work again??

No comments:

Post a Comment