Thursday, November 17, 2011

How do they?!

I do not understand how some parents do not believe their children when they tell them they have been touched inappropriately. It just gets under my skin!

This day has been super busy thus far! Crazy!!!

------------------------------------
Addition to the Original Blog:

So...one of the students that is always screaming obscenities and acting in inappropriate ways, usually is hard to work with. One day he was in the office in trouble and he was being inappropriate. However, we as an office tried to hug him and he did not allow it. So we let it go. After various attempts, TODAY - he gave me a hug! I was soooo happy because I feel that he is beginning to trust us.

As we were walking away from talking to this student, Goldilocks decided to take a picture of artwork students are working on. You see another student that is usually in trouble tell Goldilocks that she should take a picture of his work. Typically he is always cursing and acting crazy. It feels good to know that the school culture is getting better and students are taking pride in their work.

My eyes watered and nearly cried, but I didn't.
*tear*

1 comment:

  1. I feel he's changing a little too. Yesterday Div@ asked him for a hug and he didn't hesitate. He just did it....I feel there may be a breakthrough coming.

    ReplyDelete